Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Ten Facts About Me (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger…whatever you want).” Lists like this are always so much fun…until you realize you can’t think of enough facts about yourself to include. I might have stretched things a bit to include ten different facts. There’s a fair chance you will all think I’m pretty nerdy or otherwise crazy by the end of the list. You can click any of the images below to enlarge.
1. I can’t sleep with the closet door open – Let’s go ahead and start off with something random. I will not, under any circumstances, go to sleep with the closet door open. Somewhere in my childhood, I was conditioned to associate the dark abyss that is the inside of the closet with something monstrous. I no longer believe in monsters, but there is just something about leaving a closet door open that invites them to prove me wrong.
2. I own a ridiculous amount of notebooks – I wish I could say that this is a picture of all the notebooks I own, but it is not. I just have this ridiculous weakness when it comes to cute, pretty or cheap notebooks. I haven’t even written in the majority of them and yet I keep buying them!
3. I’m the only bookish person in my family – I believe I’ve mentioned this one before, but I loved story-telling and books growing up, but neither of my parents or my brothers are big readers themselves. My sister-in-law and I are currently making sure my niece and nephews know how wonderful reading is though.
4. I have a bookish planner – And it is the best! It’s so much easier to keep track of all my blog posts, events, and book releases. It helps me stay organized and on top of everything. I’ve been doing a lot of blogging ahead of schedule and having a planner makes this so much easier.
5. Blogging ahead of schedule is a way of life – This year I started to blog more and more ahead of schedule. I like to find time on the weekend to prepare any memes or make last minute changes to book reviews, so when the week comes along, I have everything ready to go. Recently, I took this to a whole different level. At any given time I have about 3-5 completed book reviews in my drafts and have finished my Top Ten Tuesday and Friday 56 memes 1 to 3 weeks ahead of schedule. I am crazy.
6. I collect Jane Austen books – I shared this photo on Tumblr and Twitter a couple of weeks ago. I have an absurd number of Austen books, considering she only wrote six novels. P&P is my favorite and I currently have seven additions of the novel. Weird or not weird?
7. I kind of love reading negative reviews – Okay, so this is kind of awful. Sometimes you come across a book that you absolutely hate, but everyone else doesn’t. You start to think that maybe you read it wrong and you’re missing something, but no, you aren’t wrong and everyone else is just blind. In order to kind of validate these feelings, I’ll head on over to Goodreads to check out the negative reviews of the book. This may make me slightly petty.
8. My dog is like my child – I don’t have any kids and quite frankly, I’m not sure I ever will. But what I do have is my dog Jinx. She’s basically my child and she is perfect in every way. Except she has no self-control when it comes to food.
9. I keep a review notebook – I take notes while I read. I have a special notebook that I keep nearby and use when it comes time to write a review. Yes, this is actual footage of me flipping through my review notebook. Riveting.
10. I’m obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack – I’m not a big musical theater person (not entirely true, I love it, but haven’t gotten a chance to see too many shows), but I have seen and love Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables (the actual shows, not the movies…not a fan of the movies). I have both soundtracks and at any given moment, I will break into song. I personally love to sing all the parts to One Day More. I finally got around to listening to the Hamilton soundtrack this year and I am in love. The problem is, the songs constant get stuck in my head and I don’t know if there’s a cure.
Tell me we share some of these strange practices. Do you have a notebook for review notes? Is there a specific book or author whose books you collect? Have you jumped on the Hamilton bandwagon as well? More importantly, are you willing to share in an impromptu rendition of One Day More? Let’s talk in the comments and leave me a link to your own TTT list, so I can visit!
**Side Note: August sign-ups for the Comment Challenge are now open. I’m co-hosting this challenge with Lonna @ FLYLēF. For this challenge, we’re pairing you with another blogger and all month long you will be commenting on the each other’s blogs. If you’re interested, you can find all the info here.**