Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year.” I’m going to tweak this topic a little bit and list my Top Ten Reads So Far In 2016. This just gives me a chance to gush about one of my favorite books that I read this year but was released last year. Interesting enough, only four of these books received five stars from me. I’ve been kind of stingy with them so far this year. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Wolf By Wolf by Ryan Graudin – When I read the synopsis for this book, I was a little bit skeptical, but it completely blew me away. I recommend it to everyone, I don’t care what your preferred genre is, read it! Read me gush about it here.
2. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater – The final book in the Raven Cycle series was met with excitement and dread from me. When the book’s publication date was pushed back, I was so torn up inside, but having finally gotten my hand on it (which, by the way, involved me having to hunt it down the day of its release because of an Amazon screw up), I can say without a doubt that this is one of my favorite series ever. You can read my spoiler-free review of this one here.
3. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski – Another final book in a series I love. These books are filled with all the feels, I was basically on emotional wreck while reading them…but in the best way. Check out my review of the final book here.
4. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton – It took me until the beginning of March to pick up a five-star book. This one had me smiling so much and it was loads of fun. Read my review here.
5. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab – I have so many good things to say about the sequel to A Darker Shade of Magic. I just love Kell, Lila, and Rhy so much. Click here to read me gush about it.
6. The Rose & Dagger by Renée Ahdieh – I adore this duology so much, it features one of my favorite love stories. I honestly cannot get enough of Shahrzad and Khalid. Check out my review here.
7. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke – This book was so weird and at times confusing, but it’s also one of the most beautiful books I’ve read this year. Take a look at my review here.
8. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby – If you’re a fan of magical realism, this book is a must for you. I actually scared a girl in the store, praising this book a little too much, while trying to convince her to buy it (true story). Read my review here.
9. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – I was so hesitant to pick up this book because of all the hype and I don’t know if it was because of my lowered expectations, but I ended up really enjoying this. Read all my thoughts on this one here.
10. And I Darken by Kiersten White – I read the ARC of this one earlier this month and was amazed by how much I liked it. It’s so much darker than I had anticipated, but so good. I don’t have a review for this one up yet, but look for it this weekend.
Have you read any of these books? Did you love them as much as I did? What was your first five-star book of the year? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.
**Side Note: There is only one day left to sign up for the Comment Challenge for the month of July. We’ll be pairing you with another blogger and all month long you will be commenting on the each other’s blogs. If you’re interested, you can find all the info here.**