Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year (since we did a topic about the releases we were excited about for the first half of 2016 back in the beginning of the year) Feel free to tweak it how you want to — like most anticipated fantasy for the second half of 2016 or debut authors. Whatever you want!” There are so many wonderful releases for the latter part of 2016, I almost didn’t know where to start with this list. But after much thought, these are the books I’m most looking forward to. I’ve already preordered four of these books, so I’m pretty stoked. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – Publication Date: July 5th 2016 – This book has already been released in the UK, but for those of us waiting for the US hardback, we have a few weeks left. I actually don’t know much about this book, but I trust Schwab, so I’m really looking forward to it.
2. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling – Publication Date: July 31st 2016 – I feel a little bit torn about this one. While I love that we are getting more Harry Potter, there is a part of me that kind of hates when authors keep adding to the canon of a series. I kind of think you have to leave it alone after finishing the final book. Still, I really want to read this.
3. Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova – Publication Date: September 6th 2016 – I love witches and I am so stoked for this one. It’s also a book by a Latina author which just makes me even more excited.
4. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – Publication Date: September 20th 2016 – Yes, a story about sisters! Of course, they are all battling for the crown, so I’m not expecting too many fuzzy feelings.
5. Like the River Glorious by Rae Carson – Publication Date: September 27th 2016 – Sequel to Walk on Earth a Stranger about a girl who can sense gold during the peak of the California Gold Rush. I always need more Rae Carson in my life.
6. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – Publication Date: September 27th 2016 – I love Six of Crows so much and I am all kinds of excited for the final book in the duology.
7. Iron Cast by Destiny Soria – Publication Date: October 11th 2016 – Historical fiction and fantasy collide in this debut novel. I absolutely adore the cover for this one and can’t wait to get my hands on it.
8. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu – Publication Date: October 11th 2016 – The final book in the Young Elites series comes out later this year, yay! I thought the first book was okay, but the second book really took the series to another level, so I’m really looking forward to this one.
9. Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin – Publication Date: November 1st 2016 – I picked up Wolf By Wolf earlier this year and completely fell in love. It’s one of my favorite books and I cannot praise it enough. I am practically dying for this follow-up.
10. Heartless by Marissa Meyer – Publication Date: November 8th 2016 – Marissa Meyer has a new book! I’m so excited to read her next project about the Queen of Hearts.
Which books are you looking forward to in the latter part of 2016? Do we share any books in common? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.
**Side Note: There is only one week left to sign up for the Comment Challenge for the month of July. We’re pairing bloggers and all month long you will be commenting on the each other’s blogs. If you’re interested, you can find all the info here. The final day to sign up is the 21st. **