Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Freebie Week! Pick a topic near and dear to your heart! Something you wished was on our official list!” I didn’t realize this week’s topic was a freebie until only a couple of days ago. I usually like more time to contemplate ideas, so I ended up settling on the first topic that came to mind this time around: preordering books. I kind of like preordering books. I just really enjoy having a book arrive at my house on the day of its release (so I can get started right away reading it). Although sometimes I can be terrible at this and these books end up sitting on my shelves for far too long (I’m working on this). So here is a list of the top ten books I’ll most likely preorder this year (of course, these are subject to change). Covers linked to Goodreads or titles if no cover is available.
1. Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers – Now is a good time to confess to my fascination with assassins in literature. I can’t help it, I’m intrigued by them. This is also a good time to admit that I’ve already preordered this one. Release Date: February 2nd.
2. The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig – Time-travel! Pirate ship! Give it to me now! I’m really excited for this one and everyone who’s read the ARC (or those I’ve come across) loved it. I might have preordered this one already too. Release Date: February 16th.
3. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab – I am ready for this sequel! I just reread the first book at the end of December and am now counting down the days till its release and *cough*Imighthavepreorderedittoo*cough* Release Date: February 23rd.
4. Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto – And now for a few books I haven’t preordered yet…This one has been on my radar for a while. I mean, there’s cannibals, mechanical arms, and a girl out for revenge. Once my book buying ban is over at the end of this month, I’m allowing myself to buy one book and this one will probably be it. Release Date: February 2nd.
5. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski – This book. This series. These characters. These emotions. This final book is definitely a book I’m preordering (and let’s rejoice that we’re getting the red-dress cover), I cannot express how excited I am for it. Release Date: March 29th.
6. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater – Lock the doors, draw the shades, shut off your phone. I may close myself off from all human contact once I get my hands on this last book in the Raven Cycle series. No joke, I’m going to need time to process it and I will not be spoiled! Release Date: April 26th.
7. The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh – Took me forever to pick up The Wrath and the Dawn, but I loved it and cannot wait for this sequel. It also comes out very near my birthday, so I’m thinking of maybe buying myself a little present. Release Date: May 3rd
8. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – Does a week ever go by that I don’t praise Six of Crows? It’s amazing, go read it if you haven’t! I am so stoked for the final book in the duology, I’ll be preordering this one way before it’s release. Release Date: September 22nd.
9. Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson – How do you write such amazing books? I just love everything this author writes and can’t wait for the second book in her Gold Seer trilogy. Release Date: September 27th.
10. Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas – Sarah, you break my heart. I’ll probably never get over the thing. Maybe I enjoy heartache because I know I’ll be preordering this book at some point. Release Date: September 6th.
Do you like preordering books? Which 2016 releases have you/are you planning to preorder? What topic did you choose this week? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.