Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn’t.” Before putting this post together, I took the time to list all the 2015 books on my TBR that I hadn’t read. There are quite a few, maybe embarrassingly so. There are just so many books to get to and not enough time! It was really difficult trying to decide exactly which books to put on this list, so I decide to list a combination of books I’ve bought and ones I intend to borrow. The first five books on my list are ones that are currently on my shelf and the final five are ones I still need to check out from my library. Covers linked to Goodreads.
1. Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – I wasn’t sure I was going to buy this one, but I ended up with a discount code from Barnes & Noble while ordering a few books for my niece and nephews before Christmas and couldn’t resist buying something for myself.
2. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han – Oh, I really enjoyed To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and after going back and forth trying to decide whether or not to buy this one, I gave in. Of course, that meant I spent the last six months not picking it up. Shame on me.
3. Silver Eve by Sandra Waugh – I meant to get to this sequel at the end of the year, but ran out of time. I will get to this one soon.
4. All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – This was one of those books I insisted on preordering and then didn’t read in a timely manner. It’s like I have no self-control.
5. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes – I bought this book way back in September as a personal reward for a book buying ban I had just finished. And despite hearing such great things about it, I haven’t read it yet.
6. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby – I have this one from the library! I feel like I’ve been chasing this book forever and now that I have it, I fully intend for it to be my next read.
7. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness – For someone who talks about how much she loves Patrick Ness’s writing, I’ve been terrible about getting to this new release. I’ve got no excuse.
8. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – Everybody was raving about this book back when it came out and I have to admit, the amount of hype kind of put me off. But now that some time has passed, I think I’m ready to give this one a shot.
9. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis – This is completely my library’s fault. I’ve had this book on hold since October and it still hasn’t been available. I might just have to wait for next October to pick it up.
10. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman – This book completely slipped my mind once it was released, but a few bloggers have been raving about it lately, so now I’m eager to read it myself.
Do we share any books this week? Have you read any of these titles? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.