Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016.” Do you know how many new releases there are going to be in the coming months? And you want me to limit my list to only ten? So after pulling out my hair a little while trying to decide which books belonged on this list, I finally narrowed it down (though it was a little painful). Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers – Publication Date: February 2nd – I have a soft spot for assassin books, I’m currently seeking help.
2. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton – Publication Date: February 8th – I just recently won a preorder of this book over on Twitter and if I wasn’t already excited about this release, I am now.
3. The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig – Publication Date: February 16th – This is the first debut of 2016 that I preordered. I probably shouldn’t have, but I just could not resist.
4. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab – Publication Date: February 23rd – How excited am I about this sequel to A Darker Shade of Magic? Well, I’ve already preordered my copy and am currently finishing a reread of the first book in anticipation. As Travars.
5. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski – Publication Date: March 29th – Is it possible that I am more excited about this release since we just learned the publisher will in fact be providing it with the original red-dress cover? It’s a strong possibility. I think I may be dying a little already just thinking about this final book.
6. Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan – Publication Date: April 5th – I need more Sarah Rees Brennan in my life! The Lynburn Legacy is one of my favorite series ever and I’m really looking forward to this next project by her.
7. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater – Publication Date: April 26th – If The Winner’s Kiss doesn’t kill me, The Raven King surely will. I am a mess when it comes to this series and am fairly certain the conclusion to the Raven Cycle will destroy me in some capacity.
8. The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh – Publication Date: May 3rd – I waited far too long to read The Wrath and the Dawn, but one of the benefits is that I don’t have to wait too long to pick up the sequel. And it comes out close to my birthday, so I might just buy myself a little something.
9. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – Publication Date: May 3rd – No cover yet for this sequel, but that doesn’t make me less excited for this one. Sarah J. Maas is just so good, I can’t wait to find out what will happen next in this new series.
10. The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May – Publication Date: June 7th – I feel like it’s been forever since the release of The Falconer and I’m in dire need of a sequel. Though I’ll probably have to reread the first before this one comes out.
Do we share any books this week? Are you looking forward to any of these even if they didn’t make your list? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.