Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year.” I’m actually going to take this opportunity to list a few books that I’ve read, but do not own yet. These are books I’ve checked out from the library, really enjoyed, but don’t have a copy of on my shelves. It actually took me quite a while to hunt down enough books for this list, apparently I buy a lot of the library books I really enjoy. I’m also listing a few books I haven’t read yet, but would love to add to my physical TBR. Covers are linked to Goodreads and titles below are linked to my reviews if available.
1. The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – I really enjoy the Naturals series (I still need to read All In) and this new series is also really good.
2. Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier – I absolutely adore Juliet Marillier and her Sevenwaters series, but I don’t own this own yet. Why don’t I have this one?
3. A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano – This author’s first go at middle grade fiction is a winner. I really liked reading about Pram’s journey and would love to own a copy of this one.
4. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga – This includes the entire trilogy. Even though I read all of these, I don’t own any of the books. I’d also prefer these in hardcover, the books themselves are really gruesome (blood splatter everywhere) and this apparently appeals to me.
5. Fairest by Marissa Meyer – I love the Lunar Chronicles! I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this little prequel, so I ended up checking it out from the library. It turns out, it was great and I’d really like to own a copy of this one.
6. The Young Elites by Marie Lu – I just finished the sequel for this one and loved it! And because a good sequel can really sway me, I’d love to own both of these books (and the third!).
7. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell – Unpopular opinion here, I actually really enjoyed this book. What’s not to love about a female serial killer protagonist?
8. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby – This book and I have been playing library tag. I’ve actually already checked it out from the library, but didn’t have a chance to read it before it was due back. And I’ve heard such good things, which makes me want it so badly! Maybe if I own it, I’ll actually get around to reading it.
9. Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente – I confess I haven’t read a single book by this author. This is such a shame because I hear her name praised all the time. I still don’t know which book of hers I’ll pick up first, but this one sounds very interesting.
10. The Doldrums by Nicholas Gannon – I think I mentioned this one on a past TBR list. I saw it in the store a couple of months ago and the illustrations inside are so charming. I’ve come very close to just giving in and buying it.
What books do you wish to see under the tree this season? Have you read any of these? Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating the holiday! And as always, be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.