Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Thanksgiving themed Freebie — ten books I’m thankful for, authors I’m thankful for, Ten fictional families I’d like to celebrate Thanksgiving with, a personal non-bookish thankful list, etc. etc.” It was difficult to pick a specific theme for this list, so I’ve made a general bookish list of things I’m thankful for.
1. This Blog – I hadn’t planned on making a book blog, but the one I started just naturally evolved into one after a few months. I am so glad it did, because I could not ask for a better way to share my love of books. It gives me a fun way to share my thoughts and connect with a wonderful community.
2. The Blogosphere – Speaking of communities, the book blogging community is full of a bunch of talented and kind people. I love that we’re all so invested in books. There’s always a Twitter chat, a readalong, or a number of challenges going on, and all the bloggers I’ve come across have all been super friendly and willing to share in my crazy.
3. Blogging Friends – Book blogging is such a great way to connect with like-minded individuals, who share my enthusiasm and who are always willing to discuss (or lend on ear when I need to vent) books that hit me right in the feels.
4. Books – This is just a general shout out to books. Thank you for existing, for opening my eyes to new worlds, for making me smile and laugh and occasionally cry.
5. Harry Potter – There’s only one specific series of books on this list and it is Harry Potter. Thank you for renewing my love of books, for all the nights I stayed up late reading you, for the movies you inspired, for being amazing even after several rereads. Thank you for bringing so many of us together and I hope in the years to come, you touch the lives of more and more readers.
6. The Library – I would be lost without you, really, or at least very broke. Seriously, thank you.
7. Fandoms – You crazy. But you get my crazy and I appreciate that. You also make me feel less crazy and I appreciate that even more.
8. The Bookish Children in My Life – I don’t have children myself, but I am the proud aunt of three awesome children (soon to be four!). One of my favorite parts about being a Tía is giving them books for their birthdays and Christmas. This Christmas I’m going to gift my nephew the first Harry Potter and I cannot wait to have magical discussions with him about it.
9. Authors – There are too many of you to name, but thank you from the bottom of my bookish heart for giving me books that speak to me on a level that I cannot properly explain in words. You are all amazing!
10. You – If you’re reading this, thank you. Whether you’re a fellow blogger, reader, author, or someone who accidentally just stumbled upon my blog, thank you for visiting and taking the time read this post.
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating! What are you thankful for? Have any crazy plans for Thanksgiving or Black Friday? Be sure to leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.