I might have gone a little overboard this month, well, maybe not, okay, maybe a little. I hadn’t planned to buy so many books this month. I made a couple of spur of the moment purchases because the deals were simply too hard to resist, but they were really great deals, so it’s completely acceptable. I was also the lucky recipient of a $100 Amazon gift card through a giveaway hosted by FLYLēF. Still trying to wrap my brain around this fact. I’ve only bought a couple of books so far as I am trying to make it last as long as possible, haha. So without further ado, here are the new additions to my library this October. Click any image to enlarge.
1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – Yes, I have the ARC, but how could I resist this beautiful book? The edges are stained black! It’s so, so pretty and it’s also a fantastic novel. Hear all about it in my review here.
2. Shadow and Bones by Leigh Bardugo – I loved Six of Crows so much, I’m going to reread and finally finish this other series that takes place in the same universe.
3. Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper – I read this book last year and loved it. And even though I own the UK paperback, I really wanted it in hardback. I got this one for only $5! Take a look at my review here to see if it’s the kind of book you’d be interested in picking up.
4. Silver Eve by Sandra Waugh – This is the sequel to Lark Rising which I really enjoyed and I’m look forward to reading this one.
5. Ravencliffe by Carol Goodman – Sequel to Blythewood, I’ve waited far too long to pick this one up.
6. Witchlanders by Lena Coakley – While putting together my witchy-themed post, I got really excited about books about witches and promptly bought a couple. Whoops.
7. Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett – I actually kind of regret buying this one. While it sounded interesting, it was a bit of a disappointment. My review of this one can be found here.
8. Witch Child by Celia Rees – Another witch book I couldn’t resist, plus I got it for about $3.
9. Dickinson: Poems – This is a little pocket edition of Emily Dickinson poems. What’s funny is everywhere I turn I’ve been seeing Emily Dickinson everywhere.
10. The Caller by Juliet Marillier – The final book in her Shadowfell series, I’ve yet to pick this one up. Hopefully, I’ll be able to soon.
11. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – This book is awesome and the minute it showed up at Book Outlet, I had to grab it. I cannot wait for the sequel! You can read my review for this one here.
12. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia – I won this from Read.Sleep.Repeat. during a Twitter chat and am super excited to read it.
13. Hollywood Witch Hunter by Valerie Tejeda – I don’t typically buy ebooks, but this one was only 99¢ and it hasn’t been available at my library, so I gave in!
And that completes my book haul for this month. How appropriate is it that I got thirteen books this month? How was your October book haul? Have you read any of these books or do you own them? Let me know in the comments!