You may have noticed that I didn’t have a Book Haul post for August and that’s because I had a month-long book buying ban. It was hard and sometimes I almost faltered, but I managed to get through it. I did receive an ARC through a giveaway, but decided to save it for this post because who wants to look at a book haul post that contains only one book? So here are the books I accumulated this month, a few are preordered books and the others a celebration of the end of my book buying ban.
1. Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas – Maas’s books are starting to be instant buys for me. I have a lot of feelings about this installment, a lot of muddy, messy feelings. You can see my review for this one here.
2. Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson – Another book I preordered and one I’m currently reading. Carson is such a beautiful writer who continues to impress me.
3. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oaks – I’ve been hearing really good things about this one and ended up buying it as a reward for getting through my book buying ban. Can’t wait to read it!
4. The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renée Ahdieh – This has gotten so much praise and I just could not resist any longer. My only regret is that I didn’t get to read it this month.
5. The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore – Another book I had preordered months ago, I am in tears over the fact that I haven’t read it, but I just got distracted by another book and I have this other reading obligation, but I’m dying to read it!
6. Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia by Jenny Torres Sanchez – What a find! I haven’t talked to anyone who has read this one, but it is phenomenal. Read it, read it! If you need convincing, you can check out my review for it here.
7. Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo – I won a copy of this ARC during ARC August hosted by Read.Sleep.Repeat. Funny story when I saw that an ‘Alicia’ had won, I was just really ecstatic that there was another blogger named Alicia (I’ve met only one other namesake in my life), after a few minutes, I realized it was in fact me. Feel free to laugh. This book is so good, I’m thinking about buying myself a finished copy, because why the heck not? You can read all about how much I adore this book here.
How was your September in terms of book buying? Have you read any of these? Tell me what you thought! Have I convinced you to check out any of these titles? Let me know in the comments!