I was nominated by both Lauren @ Always Me and Nicole @ A Book Blog for this award. Thank you so much you two, you’re such sweethearts! This award was originally posted on Edge of Night as a way to celebrate our fellow bloggers. I’ve been really awful with posting award posts lately, so if you’ve nominated me for anything in the past, thank you so much! I apologize, I’ve got a terrible memory and I forget to keep up with all of them, but I really do appreciate it!
Here are the rules:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How I got started:
I started blogging in November of 2013 with absolutely no idea what I was doing and didn’t realize I created a book blog until a month or so later when A Kernel of Nonsense just naturally evolved into one. I had no idea just how big the book blogosphere was at the time, but was pleasantly surprised to find so many people who enjoyed reading as much as I did. I want you to know that you are all personally responsible for my overflowing bookshelves and the fact that I too often read past my bed time.
Some advice to new bloggers:
1. Read what you want and try not to get too caught up in what everyone else is reading. It’s great to keep up with new releases and hyped books, but it can also put a lot of pressure on you, which can make reading feel more like a chore.
2. Visit other blogs. Making friends and connections is one of the best parts of blogging. So see what everyone else is up to and comment on other bloggers’ posts.
3. Participate in memes. There are so many memes to choose from, it’s a wonderful way to discover other like-minded bloggers and get your own blog discovered as well.
4. Give yourself time. Getting the hang of blogging might take a while. Find your voice and figure out what works for you. It’s really easy to compare yourself to other bloggers, but have patience, you’ll get there.
Who I am nominating:
You are, of course, under no obligation to participate in this award. Regardless, I think all of you are amazing bloggers and I feel blessed that you are part of the blogosphere. And if you’ve already been nominated, consider this a smiley face sticker on the one you’ve already received 🙂