Oddly enough, I was a little worried I’d end up spending too much on books this month after going to the book store more than usual, but it turns out, I showed a lot of self-control. An unusual amount. I’m not sure if I should feel proud or weirded out. I have been contemplating a book buying ban for the month of July, so don’t be surprised if I fail to make a book haul post next month. And because I hate closing the door on books completely, I’m also thinking of doing a used-books-only month instead. We will see.
1. The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3) by Charlie N. Holmbeg – I am really excited to see how this series ends, but not quite yet.
2. End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee – Another series closer that I bought even before I read the second book because this series is awesome.
3. The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan – I’ve been meaning to start this series and now that I’ve bought the first one, I’m hoping to read it soon.
If you haven’t shopped at bookoutlet.com before, I recommend checking them out. They sell books with minimal wear at discount prices. I picked up these three for under $15.
4. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson – I adore this book and was so happy when I spotted it on their website. You can read my review here.
5. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – A really unique retelling of Beauty and the Beast. My review can be found here.
6. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis – It took me too long to read this one and I really enjoyed it. My review is here.
My book buying has slowed down the last couple of months. I always find summer to be kind of slow in terms of new book releases, so it’s no surprise half of my haul this month consisted of books I’ve already read.
How was your book haul this month? Are there any new releases I should be aware of so I can break my book buying ban even before I’ve decided to go on one?