Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For this week we will be listing “Ten Book Related Problems I Have (could be serious or fun!).” Well, this should be fun, if not a little embarrassing…
Ten Book Related Problems I Have:
1. Buying too many books. I don’t have to buy every book I want to read. I don’t have to buy every book I want to read. I’m just going to repeat this until it’s drilled into my brain.
2. Letting go of the books I don’t want. Because of my number 1 problem, I have accumulated a lot of books and many of these were not exactly amazing. I have a box of books in my closet and two big bags of books that I’m supposed to give away. Supposed to give away.
3. My fanatical rants. Sometimes books like Harry Potter come up in conversation with people who don’t know the extent of my love for the series. Sometimes I frighten them with my enthusiasm.
4. I feel the need to buy a book now, but then I don’t read it for several months. I’m ridiculous. I find the need to buy a book when it is released, but then I don’t read it right away. And then the price goes down.
5. I can’t focus on more than one book at once. I mean, yes, I can read more than one book at once, but it’s painful. I have yet to master this kind of multitasking. I can’t even begin a new book until I’ve written a review of the last one.
6. People annoy me. I need for it to be quiet while I’m reading. People are really noisy. They also like to start deep, soul-searching conversations when I’m reading. This is my fault, I have one of those I’m-invested-and-interested-in-what-you-have-to-say auras. I really don’t know what I’m doing to attract all these people.
7. My dream chair. I have this fantasy of finding a perfect reading chair, the kind where I can dangle my legs over one side and recline against the other. I’m still searching…
8. The bookstores in my city have almost all disappeared. Once upon a time there were three used bookstores and two chain bookstores in my city, plus a library used bookstore . Now there is only a library used bookstore and a Barnes & Noble. The prospect of the B&N disappearing frightens the heck out of me.
9. I can’t read while traveling. I get carsick while reading. Airplanes are too uncomfortable. This is my tragic life!
10. I’m overprotective of certain characters. Like I’m willing to fight you. Physically. I don’t think this is normal. A few of these characters include: Richard Campbell Gansey III, Chaol Westfall, Ismae Rienne, Elizabeth Bennet, Todd Hewitt, Ron Weasley…I could go on.)
Any of these sound familiar? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your Top Ten Tuesday!