The end of the year is upon us and I for one feel that this year has gone by very fast. I’ve noticed that my book hauls have diminished in size as the year has gone on. It’s actually the result of my attempt to be a more practical book buyer. Sometimes I want to read a book, see it for sale and want to buy it without considering whether I really want to own it at all. The library and I have been more intimate as of late because of this and I find I don’t feel like I might be running the risk of wasting money. Of course there are still those books that I must own, whether they are part of series I own or new ones. It’s all a process and I hope I can reach the level of practicality to resist to buy books whenever I get the urge.
This month I’ve added three new books I bought myself:
1. The Falconer by Elizabeth May. I read this earlier in the year and really enjoyed it, so I bought it used. You can read my review here if you are interested.
2. The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters
3. This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. You guys, this book cover is just as gorgeous as These Broken Stars.
I was fortunate to get many gift cards this Christmas which I plan on spending on book releases for next year, but I also received two complete sets of books:
4. Harry Potter: The Complete Collection, Bloomsbury, in paperback by J.K. Rowling. Click on the images below to get a better look at these marvelous illustrations. They are too beautiful for words.
I was also the recipient of these lovely books:
5. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Deluxe Pocket Boxed Set by J.R.R. Tolkien