With my September book ban far behind me (of which I am pretty proud of myself), I rewarded myself with a few books (let’s not dwell on how this might be counter-productive). I also received a book I had preordered a couple months ago and picked up some used books (why don’t I do this more often?). Here is my October Book Haul:
1. Lark Rising by Sandra Waugh. I’m not really into name dropping, but I read if you enjoy Juliet Marillier, you’ll like this book. They found my weakness!
2. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. This series is also one of my weaknesses. You can read my review of this third book in The Raven Cycle series here.
3. The Witch of Salt and Storm by Kendall Kulper. I’m a sucker for witch books.
4. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I checked this out from the library and loved it, so I needed to own a copy. My review for this one can be found here.
Used books I’ve purchased:
5. Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan. I love this series and the conclusion is just begging me to pick it up!
6. Fire and Ash by Jonathan Maberry. The conclusion to my favorite zombie series is finally in my hands. My review for the fourth and last book is here.
7. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. There are some books that I own multiple copies of, this is one of them.
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Picked this up for $1 because its important to own a copy of this classic.
What books have you bought this month?