Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people.
Questions from Brin:
1. Who is your favourite Disney villain?
You’re probably going to think I’m weird when I say this but I’ve always thought I would make a better villain than princess. Mother Gothel from Tangled is one of my favorite villains, and Mother Knows Best always gets stuck in my head every time I watch that movie.
2. Tea or coffee drinker?
I’m more of a coffee drinker.
3. What animal would be your spirit animal?
I’m thinking some kind of bird, like a hawk or a falcon.
4. What are your favourite TV shows?
Arrow. I love Arrow so much, you have no idea. But I also enjoy The Walking Dead and Once Upon a Time.
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
I think I have more book crushes than celebrity, but I am partial to Benedict Cumberbatch and Colin O’Donoghue; everybody loves Sherlock and Captain Hook.
6. What is your favourite childhood book?
Where the Wild Things Are. I don’t know what it is about this book, but it still affects me.
7. Would you prefer to have the ability to fly or the ability to turn invisible?
Fly, definitely fly.
8. What’s your favourite song at the moment?
That’s a hard question, but I really like Daughter’s Youth. Click below to have a listen.
9. In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
A katana is hands down the best weapon for the impending apocalypse. How do I know this? I’ve read The Zombie Survival Guide, and Rot & Ruin where the katana is Tom Imura’s weapon of choice, and of course I’ve seen Michonne in action. Yes, I’ve thought about this.
10. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
Going to the movies is ridiculously expensive, but I think the last movie I watched was Catching Fire.
Questions from Cristina:
1) Book that has most surprised you that you’ve read this year?
I’m going to say The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I loved this book so much and isn’t just wonderful when you read a really great book and it’s like the author wrote it especially for you? You can read my glowing review here.
2) Favorite fall-themed food?
Homemade apple pie.
3) Favorite Halloween costume you’ve worn?
I haven’t dressed up for Halloween for years and I don’t remember any particular favorite as a child.
4) Worst book you’ve read so far this year?
Defy by Sara B. Larson. I hated this book, you can read why here.
5) Book you are most excited for that has yet to be published?
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Give it to me now! But wait, don’t give it to me yet! I’m a little uneasy, I don’t know what to expect or maybe the problem is I know exactly what to expect. Oh my gosh, this book is going to kill me!
6) Favorite season?
I like fall. I like the falling temperature and the color of the leaves changing, but fall comes pretty late where I live 😦
7) Least favorite holiday?
New Year’s because I’m not as young as I used to be and having to stay up so late isn’t so fun anymore. Bonus tip, if you go shopping on New Year’s morning, the stores are pretty much deserted because everyone is still asleep.
8) Favorite classic fairy tale?
Briar Rose. I love this fairy tale. The end is very sweet and probably the reason I like it so much.
9) Are you more of a daytime reader or late-night reader?
I’m more of an evening reader because I like to get everything out of the way, then curl up with a book and not worry about anything else.
10) Describe your perfect Friday evening:
I don’t know about you, but hours of book shopping sounds pretty good to me.
Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could visit one bookish world, which would it be?
2. What book gives you all the feels?
3. Which Hogwarts House do you belong to?
4. Who is your favorite band?
5. What is the last book you DNFed?
6. Do you prefer sunshine or rain?
7. Would you rather be divinely beautiful, dazzling clever or angelically good? Thank you, Anne Shirley, for this one.
8. If you could be haunted by one author, who would it be?
9. If you could be any superhero, who would you be?
10. Where is your favorite place to read?
Blogs I am nominating: