One of these days my book haul for the month will be no books, but not today. I’m still pretty proud of the restraint I showed this month. Most of the books I bought this month were used, so they didn’t thrown me into a state of panic afterward. Of course I’m not counting the books I’ve pre-ordered for September. Shh, don’t tell anyone.
1. Emma by Jane Austen. This is the only Jane Austen book I haven’t read and about a month ago I picked up my very old copy to read it and it literally fell apart in my hands. So I had to get a new copy and my goodness, I never realized how big this book was.
2. Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff. I love me a good scary book and I really enjoyed her Paper Valentine book.
3. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. I can thank tumblr for recommending this one.
And let’s take a moment and admire these two book covers:
4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I’m still not sure if I will be reading this, but there it was super cheap at my library’s used bookstore, so I picked it up anyway.
5. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. Another spur of the moment buy, because why not?
6. Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder. I need to read more books by this wonderful author.
7. The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff. Another dark read for my liking.
8. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I finished this about a week ago and enjoyed it immensely. You can find my review here.
That’s all my book purchases for the month of August. What books have you picked up this month?