Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week bloggers will list Top Ten Blogging Confessions. I wasn’t sure if I should stick to bookish confessions or blogging, so my list is a combo of both. Try not to judge too harshly.
Top Ten Blogging Confessions:
1. I keep all of my library check-out receipts.
2. I can’t start a new book until I’ve finish my review of the previous one.
This usually means I stay up too late writing reviews with far too many grammatical errors.
3. I insist on preordering books…
But then have the urge to hold on to them as long as possible before reading them. Here are some examples that I still haven’t read:
4. I’ve set aside three dollars in my wallet.
In anticipation of my library’s book bag sale (in which you fill a plastic grocery store bag with books for $3), I keep the money tucked away because I’m always surprised when the sale comes up.
5. I rearrange my bookshelves…frequently.
Every few months I have to change it up. Currently it’s arranged by author.
6. I blog because I have a horrible memory.
I’ve been guilty of checking out a book from the library twice because I hadn’t realized that I had already read it. So blogging and reviewing books helps me better keep track of my book tendencies.
7. I didn’t read the first Harry Potter book until after the movie.
8. See the picture below? My nose was made for such places.
I’m a book smeller, I simply cannot be stopped. I have this copy of Wuthering Heights that is my absolute favorite book to smell. But I do know when to say no, library books are off-limits, but smelling books in public places is okay as long as you check to make sure no one is watching (this, of course, comes with a risk).
9. I still haven’t seen the movies for these books and I kind of don’t want to.
10. I own five copies of Pride and Prejudice.
Okay, so it’s technically six, if you count the huge Jane Austen book I have that includes all her novels. I just don’t know how to stop and I don’t think I want to!