What fun! I’ve been tagged for The Book Blogger Test. A big thanks to Brin @ Brin’s Book Blog for tagging me.
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. When people dog ear library books. I don’t get this. You’re borrowing a book, you need to treat it right and to dog ear a book that doesn’t belong to you is simply scandalous.
2. Throwing books. Can you hand me that book? Sure, let me just toss this seemingly unimportant collection of papers at you. They aren’t frisbees. Even if the book doesn’t belong to me, my heart sails across the room with it.
3. Those pithy quotes on books praising the astounding brilliance of a novel, and then reading the book and wondering what in the world these reviewers were talking about when the book ends up being terrible.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
Quiet. Quiet is hard to come by these days.
Tell us three book confessions.
1. I have this inexplainable dislike for vampire books. I just won’t read them.
2. I like to hold on to the books I’ve purchased for a minimum of a month before I read them because I’m always afraid I won’t have enough books on my shelf to read if the library burns down or heaven forbid, none of my holds come in.
3. The first thing I do when receiving a book through the mail is crack it open, stick my nose between the pages, and breathe in.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
I reread The Fault in Our Stars last week, so last week. This is not an unusual occurance.
How many books are on your bedside table?
The way my room is arranged I don’t have a bedside table but I do have bedside bookshelves. I like all my books close at hand.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I try not to eat when I read because I’m a little clumsy. When I do, a nice fruit salad.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
1. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
That’s an impossible question.
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Emotional euphoric wretchedness.
What is your biggest reading secret?
At one point during my teen years I read fanfiction obsessively. It was not a healthy relationship.
Who I’m tagging:
Katie @ Spirit of Children’s Literature
Mily @ The YA’s Nightstand
Toni @ Toni’s Book Blog
Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek
Cristina @ Girl in the Pages