The Liebster Award is given in recognition to new blogs. I would like to give a big shout out to Keeley at Lost in the Pages of a Book for nominating me. I really appreciate it.
Here are the rules:
Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
Pick 5-10 new bloggers (must have less than 200 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not renominate the blogger that nominated you.
Go to each new blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.
Let’s get started…11 facts about me:
1. I am the only bookworm in my family.
2. I have three pets: two cats (Micah & Gypsy) and a dog (Jinx).
3. I have a strong dislike for spaghetti.
4. My real name is not Moonglint. It is in fact Alicia, with an “s” sound.
5. My favorite movies are The Princess Bride and The Sound of Music.
6. As a child, I was painfully shy.
7. I am the middle child.
8. I live in California, which doesn’t mean I surf, but it does mean “dude” is in my vocabulary.
9. My favorite shows include Fringe, Veronica Mars, Pushing Daisies, Arrow, The Walking Dead, and Once Upon a Time.
10. I spent a year in South Korea teaching English.
11. I am often called sassy.
Questions from Keeley
1. What books would you like to be made into movies or TV shows?
This is a difficult question, since lately I’ve developed a bit of an aversion to the translation of books to movies. But I suppose if they could do it justice, I would like to see the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness turned into a movie trilogy.
2. What’s your favorite book turned into a movie?
The Princess Bride is a really good adaptation of the novel by William Goldman, probably because he also wrote the screenplay, something everyone adapting a book should take note of.
3. What’s your favorite time of year?
Autumn. All those colors, there’s nothing like it.
4. What would be the theme song of your life story?
Calm My Soul by Paper Route.
5. What movie actor would play you in the movie adaption of your life story?
Audrey Hepburn, of course, but there might be a few complications.
6. If you could be really talented at a sport, what sport would you choose?
Hmm. I’m not really into sports, but I like to swim, so swimming.
7. If you could only read three books for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
That’s just a cruel question. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling.
8. What’s your favorite genre to read?
I devour young adult books, but have a particular love for the fantasy genre.
9. What is your favorite book from childhood?
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.
10. Which Disney character would you be and why?
Belle from Beauty and the Beast, of course. I want that library.
11. What is your favorite animated movie?
The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Blogs I have nominated:
Questions for My Nominees:
1. Have you ever traveled outside of your own country?
2. What book would you NOT like to be made into a movie?
3. Which book character do you relate to most?
4. Name one book that you absolutely hated.
5. Favorite childhood movie?
6. If you had to give up television or music, which would you choose?
7. Which book should everyone read?
8. What is the last book you reread?
9. Quick! The dead have risen! Zombies are here. Who is the first person you contact?
10. If you could visit any country, which country would you choose and why?
11. If you could live in a different era, which era would it be?